Friday 21 February 2014

Winter

The days and weeks tick by. Sometimes I feel I am on watch in a cold, grey place surrounded by deep mists and everlasting twilight, as if I have to remain ever-alert, ready to act, hour after hour. I am growing lazy, all this standing and walking, a rifle or cupid's arrow slung over my shoulder, my feet cold, my mind at once swimming with ideas, hopes, possibilities and empty as a painter's canvas, white, virgin, masquerading as a white on white heavily misted interpretation of the woman I want to be or think I am. The sort of painting if hung in a gallery would not be to everyone's taste, but one needs just one heart, one pair of eyes to see, to love, not thousands.

So I am on watch in a place where nothing happens, an apparently plain canvas with nothing to say, no artfulness.

This is not good.

Should I try and leave the frame, go in search of adventures, life? And how? I am praying for colour to return and, at the same time, I am content, excited, hopeful, alive. I am thankful, grateful, amazed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment