Friday 21 February 2014

Meditation

I am trying to learn to mediate. I want to do it regularly. Sometimes when I use the app I have downloaded for it (love the sound of the woman's voice) I feel as if I'm in a soup with bits in it. As if I'm in a blender on slow speed, bits of me, my worries, fears, neuroses, concerns, all swimming round and round in a cloudy soup and I feel mildly panicked. Then I remember or am shown or am drawn to a stillness in the centre, a place of utter peace and stillness. It feels like the beginning and the end, the source of love, light, all that is real and, unlike the soup, it is solid and light and I am it and in it and I know it to be true. Is this meditation? Am I supposed to do more with this? Go further? I remember "your job is to stand, simply stand" as the storms go past. So I try to not try, to strive, but simply (complicatedly) to just be. 

This is happiness. Yes, I want for a companion, a dearest to be around, laughing, a best friend. But despite their absence, I am the happiest I have ever been in my warm, white little house with a fire laid for later, a candle burning, a 7-mile walk in my loins, dinner ready. There is a pulse underlying the bricks, the blood, the stuff of "real" life. I am blissed out here at home, on my own, sated, full to the brim with thanks and things I love, people I love. This is happiness, this ordinary pleasant whiteness. 

Something deep in me has been seeking this pale peace forever. And here it is. I reach out into time, past reality, through the ages and rock and my soul kisses yours. I love you long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment